What’s New for 2013
The Old House Media Group offers more ways to reach more customers in 2013 with the very best and up-to-date info for restoration, design and period-style new home construction. We realize that you have options to promote your business, but none as comprehensive and far reaching as our combined Old House Media Group opportunities.
• 23 magazine issues in 2013 devoted specifically to the old-house and period-inspired design market. We cover the entire market with six issues of Old-House Journal, six issues of Old-House Interiors, five issues of Arts & Crafts Homes, three issues of New Old House, two issues of Early Homes and the annual Design Center Sourcebook.
Continuing Old House and period design expertise in 2013. Magazine Anniversaries:
Old-House Journal celebrates its 40th Year
Old-House Interiors celebrates its 19th Year
Early Homes celebrates its 10th Year
New Old House celebrates its 10th Year
Arts & Crafts Homes celebrates its 9th Year
• Editorial expertise in old house how-to, design and products like no other publication group. Our editors are the real deal. Patricia Poore has been a leader in the restoration field for 34 years, and we bring combined 69 years editorial experience and old house expertise with Demetra Aposporos and Nancy Berry. Plus specialty expertise offered by contributing editors Mary Ellen Polson, Brian Coleman, and others totals 100’s of years of experience.
• Coffee-table quality publications dedicated specifically to period design and restoration: Kitchen & Bath Classics and the Design Center Sourcebook focus on the best old-house and period design how-to resource information. Arts & Crafts Homes Buyer’s Guide presents the only buyer’s guide book specifically for the arts & crafts companies and enthusiasts.
• Marketplace is an attractive special-advertising section appearing in every issue. It’s a great entry buy, or included as added value with purchase of qualified display ad. An e-promo version of Marketplace is sent to our list of opted-in newsletter subscribers.
• Subscriber levels are steady and/or growing in 2012 across all of our magazines and we have strong newsstand sell thru of all titles. Kitchen Classics, Design Center Sourcebook and Early Homes are all top newsstand sellers.
• Digital editions: this year all six issues of Old-House Journal and five issues of Arts & Crafts Homes, Kitchen & Bath Design Classics and the Design Center Sourcebook will be fully interactive digital editions available through several distribution channels including the iPad. Bonus distribution for Old-House Journal, Old-House Interiors, Arts & Crafts Homes, New Old House and Early Homes will be available through e-readers including the Nook and Kindle. They will also be available on multiple digital newsstands including Google Newsstand and Zinio.
Half way through 2012, almost 15,000 digital subscriptions and single copies have sold for the old house titles – 70% unduplicated print subscribers.
Phenomenal website growth:
–Avg Monthly Page Views: 365,000
–Avg Monthly Unique Visitors: 140,000
–Page Views up 27% over last year and Unique Visitors up 45%
–Avg Monthly Page Views: 70,000
–Avg Monthly Unique Visitors: 20,000
–Page Views up 20% over last year and Unique Visitors up 55%
• SEO maximization targets top ranking keywords to increase traffic and bring web users to your site.
• Hosted Webinars cover a variety of topics, from flooring, kitchens to do-it-yourself projects. Sponsorship opportunities are available, and bring an enthusiastic, targeted audience to your product.
• Bi-weekly, subject specific enewsletters sent to opted in subscribers for both Old-House Savvy and Arts & Crafts Homes promote companies editorially and offer banner sponsor opportunities.
• Partnership with Institute of Classical Architecture, the largest organization of professionals and associate members dedicated to advancing the classical tradition in architecture, urbanism and their allied arts with 15 chapters nationwide.
• Cross-promotional opportunities with Log Home Living, Timber Home Living, and Country’s Best Cabins readers. Reach a much larger and broader audience.
• Bonus distribution of issues with your ads, through trade-show exposure, Craftsman shows, and home shows covering restoration, renovation, and new house construction.